ASHRAE eLearning Frequently Asked Questions
Wondering what to expect from your eLearning courses? Experiencing difficulty? Please review the following FAQs before contacting our technical support team.
Selecting Your Course
1. How do I search for a particular course?
There are several ways to search for a particular course in the ASHRAE Learning Center. If you know the name of the course, you can enter it in the search bar, or you can use the course categories listed under the banner on the homepage to search.
2. How can I browse the entire eLearning course offering?
To browse the entire eLearning course offering, click on the Individual Course category under the banner. The Individual Course category contains a list of all the eLearning courses that ASHRAE offers.
3. What is the difference between a course, a course package, and a library?
An individual course focuses on a single topic. Subscribers use courses to obtain specific knowledge or a small number of PDHs to meet their professional licensing requirements.Course packages are a collection of individual courses that address specific subject areas. Courses can be completed in any sequence.
Libraries are a collection of course packages. There are currently 7 Libraries available.
4. What are the available measurement units for eLearning Courses?
Courses are available in inch-pound (I-P), metric (SI) or both (Dual) units. Inch-pound unit courses are mainly used in North America. Metric unit courses are used by countries outside North America. Dual unit courses carry both inch-pound and metric measurements units and can be used in both North America and outside North America
5. What are the PDH requirements for my state?
While ASHRAE eLearning courses are recognized for professional development by most states, it is important that you check with your specific State Board of Professional Engineers for your individual state’s PDH training requirements.
6. Does the training include a printed course book?
All required reading materials are provided in an electronic format as part of the training and are included in the subscription. The downloadable material can be printed and contains all you need to complete the training.
Note: If your training involves ASHRAE Standards, ASHRAE eLearning recommends that you purchase the related Standard. If you need to order course-related publications, please visit www.ashrae.org/bookstore
Paying for eLearning Courses
7. How much do eLearning subscriptions cost?
Course subscriptions are $58 (Non-Member) and $45 (ASHRAE Member), and $63 (Non-Member) and $48 (Member) for all recently updated courses. Course Package subscription prices range from $81 to $441 (Non-Member) and $62 to $331 (ASHRAE Member). Library subscriptions range from $227 to $745 (Non-Member) to $173 to $562 (ASHRAE Member).
8. How do I purchase a Course, Course Package or Library?
ASHRAE eLearning Courses can be purchased in two ways:
- Online – Customers can click on a Course(s) of their interest and follow the check-out process.
- By contacting eLearning@ashrae.org or 678-500-3917 to make a payment and enroll. After making a payment, the customer will be enrolled.
9. Are there special rates for groups?
10. What payment types do you accept?
ASHRAE accepts credit cards through PayPal PayFlow Pro. Accepted credit cards include AMEX, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Diners, and JCB.
11. How do I get a receipt for the Course I purchased?
Once you have paid for the Course and are enrolled, you will receive a receipt showing the amount paid and login details. If you do not receive this email, contact ASHRAE eLearning at eLearning@ashrae.org or 678-500-3917.
12. I purchased the wrong course. Can I get a refund?
Yes. For refunds, contact ASHRAE eLearning at eLearning@ashrae.org or 678-500-3917.
13. I am an ASHRAE Member. Do I receive a special price for ASHRAE courses?
Yes. Log in using your ASHRAE Member email address and password to receive your ASHRAE Membership discount. All ASHRAE Members earn 15% off publications.
14. I am a Member but I am not seeing the Member price for any of the courses listed, what do I do?
At the point of purchase, you will be required to log in. If at that time you do not see the member rate appear in your cart, please contact eLearning@ashrae.org or 678-500-3917.
15. I am not a Member. How do I become one?
ASHRAE Membership is open to any person associated with heating, ventilation, air-conditioning or refrigeration. Click here to join.
16. Do I have to be an ASHRAE Member to subscribe to eLearning?
No. ASHRAE eLearning is open to all, but there is a discounted price for ASHRAE Members.
17. How do I claim PDHs?
Upon successful completing of a course, click on My Certificates to view your certificate. Please be sure to save your certificate as proof of course completion. Your earned credits will also appear in your transcript.
18. Where do I go to access a course I just purchased?
You will find all the courses you are currently enrolled in on your eLearning Center homepage (myeLearning.ashrae.org) under ‘Course Overview"
19. How do I start or resume my eLearning training?
To start or resume your training, go to myeLearning.ashrae.org. Click on the login button and then enter your username (email address) and password. Your courses will be listed under the "In progress" tab. Courses you have already completed, and are currently subscribed to will be under the "Past" tab.
20. How long to complete training?
The time required will vary depending on the type of course and individual learning style. Courses Packages provide up to 36.5 PDHs, or require 36.5 hours to complete. Individual Courses typically offering 1 to 3 PDHs should take 1 to 3 hours to complete.
21. How do I complete/pass a Course?
Go through all the learning materials in the course you’re enrolled in and complete the final exam. The passing score for most exams is at least 80%. UNEP courses require a score of at least 60% to pass. Refer to respective courses for the specific passing score.
22. How am I assessed?
After going through all the learning materials in the course you’re enrolled in, you take the online course exam. You must achieve a score of 80% or higher to pass the course. UNEP courses require a score of at least 60% to pass. Refer to respective UNEP course Instructions for specifics.
23. How many times may I re-take a course if I fail the exam?
You can retake the exam as often as you wish.
24. I disagree with my score. Who do I contact?
If you disagree with your score, please contact ASHRAE eLearning at eLearning@ashrae.org or 678-500-3917.
25. How long do I have access to my course(s)?
All subscriptions last for 12 months from the time of purchase. If you have not completed your training within that time and you wish to continue having access, you must repurchase to regain access for another 12-month subscription.
26. I need access extension. Who do I contact?
If your subscription period is about to expire or has already expired and you need an extension, please contact eLearning@ashrae.org or 678-500-3917. Our courtesy extension period is 2 weeks.
27. How do I access my certificate for a course?
Upon successful completing of a course, click on My Certificates to view your certificate. In addition, a copy of your certificate will be emailed to you. Please be sure to save your certificate as proof of course completion. Your earned credits will also appear in your transcript.
28. My certificate is not printing. Who do I contact?
If you encounter difficulties generating a certificate or would like a certificate for a Course Package please contact ASHRAE eLearning at eLearning@ashrae.org or 678-500-3917.
29. I have completed the final exam and printed the certificate. Where do I go to ensure my credits are on my transcript?
Upon successful completion of each course, the Professional Development Hours (PDHs) earned will be available under ‘My Certificates’ in the Credits column.
30. How do I review my transcript?
‘My Certificates’ contains a comprehensive transcript of all the courses you have completed, including the start and completion dates, scores, credits earned, and certificates.
31. My transcript isn’t showing a completed course. What do I do?
If you do not see a course that you have completed on the transcript, contact ASHRAE eLearning at eLearning@ashrae.org or 678-500-3917.
32. I passed the course, but the course won’t mark as complete.
If you have completed a course but it does not show in the “Past” tab, please review the course and ensure that you have opened and viewed all the content screens. If the course still does not show as complete, make sure you completed it using one of the recommended browsers. If this does not resolve the issue, please contact ASHRAE eLearning at eLearning@ashrae.org or 678-500-3917.
33. How do I track my training from providers other than ASHRAE?
34. I made a mistake in entering/uploading data for a training from other providers, how do I fix it?
If you make a mistake while entering/uploading data for a non-ASHRAE course, you can delete and re-enter it. If you continue to experience the same problem, contact eLearning@ashrae.org or 678-500-3917.
35. What are the technical requirements for my computer?
Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels for best results
- Recommended: Broadband connection with a speed of 512 Kb or greater
- Want to use ASHRAE course(s) for your employees
- Suggestions for a new course
- Questions about the content of a course
- Want to use ASHRAE course(s) in the classroom
Contact ASHRAE eLearning at eLearning@ashrae.org or 678-539-1162.